We are seeking a Hardware Engineer for Santa Clara based SWIT Electronics America, Inc.
Location: SANTA CLARA, CA 95054
Job type: Full Time, Employee
Industries: Broadcasting and Filming
Date posted: 2019-07-19
Design, implement and test board-level circuits for broadcasting devices; troubleshooting and customer support.
* Develops hardware design plans and applies hardware engineering concepts, approaches, techniques, and criteria involving board-level circuits design, microprocessors, field-programmable gate arrays (FPGA), gate arrays, back-end activities, networking interfaces, etc.; adapting and modifying design and engineering options; developing and evaluating new architectures and algorithms; collaborating with related engineering design teams; evaluating components, materials, and suppliers; determining and establishing specifications.
* Determines hardware engineering design issues by studying product objectives and features; completing functional analyses; analyzing user and potential user input; evaluating similar and related products and systems.
* Organizes design project by identifying short-term and long-range issues; preparing timetables, cost estimates, and required resources.
* Verifies system-level performance by establishing reliability, maintainability, and durability test standards; developing test plans for field validations by customers; building simulations; performing diagnostic procedures; analyzing test data; identifying, isolating, and resolving design problems.
* Documents hardware design by recording design features, functions, operational requirements, and warnings; detailing support requirements.
* Implements engineering design by troubleshooting and resolving production problems related to hardware design.
* Prepares engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
* Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging hardware engineering technologies and practices; participating in educational opportunities and professional organizations; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
Hardware Engineering Fundamentals, Hardware Design Tools, Hardware Specifications, RISC, Analytical Tools, CAD/CAM Circuit Design, General Math Skills, Statistical Analysis, Analyzing Information, Attention to Detail, Innovation
To apply, please submit your resume with a cover letter to .